Saturday, October 26, 2013

Knit, knit, knit... crochet?

So I decided that I wanted to make a bunch of little animals and I knew that I didn't like the look of knitted animals that much. Plus I don't like the battles that ensue with double pointed needles - especially near the end.

This is when I knew that I had to learn how to crochet to make this work. I asked my Grandma to show me the art of crochet and I was motoring along in no time as she is a long time crocheter- and a pretty talented one at that. 

Here is the blanket she made me for Christmas a couple years ago:


So after she showed me the basics I was on my way. It took a few restarts until I finally got it:


A bowl and a cat. :) Stay tuned for my next project : AN OWL

                                http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/notions-bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment