Monday, October 21, 2013

Simple Knits

I used to think straight up knitting was boring and ugly. Too simple. I was a bit of a snob; if one can be a knitting snob. Sometimes simple is best. This is part of a glove set I made for myself recently - 




It came out gorgeous - made with 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. I got lucky with this skein, half price! The flecks of red in the brown is to die for. They are perfect for typing on the computer in the winter. I've already gotten good use out of them as my office has no heater. To my great disapproval. It only started to warm up in the last hour of the day. I'd better get used to it.

So although cables can be beautiful, so can garter stitch. In its own simple way. 

Pattern cred goes to Megan Eliza on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alyssum-fingerless-gloves

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes simple knits can be so satisfying, and pretty in their simplicity. One of my favorite knits I've made is pretty much a basic raglan in stockinette stitch. No fancy patterns, no color work. There's some buttons and an interesting collar, but overall it's a basic raglan and I love it. And your fingerless mitts are really cute! I think the combination of simple stitches and buttons make your knitwear timelessly fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love basic pieces that can be worn with tons of different things and I adore buttons. I would put em on anything if I could :)

      Delete